- 225 g unsalted butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Lightly grease the pan (loaf pan, mini loaf pan, 8×8, or 9×9) with some butter.
3. Mix the flour and the baking powder together 2-3 seconds, speed 2. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
4. Add butter and sugar, speed 3 for 2-3 minutes, until well combined or pale yellow in color. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
6. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
7. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
8. Fold in the flour, speed 6, 1 minute into the mixture and mix well.
9. Finally, add in the milk/yogurt, speed 6, 20 seconds.
10. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
11. Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 50 minutes. Use a cake tester to test if it’s cooked.
12. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Adapted from: //rasamalaysia.com/recipe-butter-cake/#PsZOuc3ggiGO285z.99
Depending on the oven, it may take more than 40 minutes to bake the cake. To prevent the top of the cake from browning too fast, cover the top of the baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil.Read more at //rasamalaysia.com/recipe-butter-cake/#PsZOuc3ggiGO285z.99
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.