THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 g raw sugar
- 120 g light brown soft sugar
- 220 g butter at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 220 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Milk
- 400 g full fat cream cheese
- 50 g raw sugar
- 75 g light brown soft sugar
- 50 g Butter
- 150 g runny honey
- 120 g thickenend cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Grease two 20 cm round sandwich pans and line bases with baking paper
Place raw sugar in bowl and mill for 4 seconds on speed 9.
Add soft brown sugar and butter and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Set blades going at speed 5 and add eggs one at a time through hole in the lid. Will take 30 seconds to a minute to incorporate
Add vanilla extract, milk and flour and mix for 5 – 10 seconds on speed 5 – 6
Divide the mixture between the two tins and smooth with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cakes begin to shrink from the sides of the pans and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Sit in the pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile for the sauce mill the raw sugar for 4 seconds on speed 9. Add the soft brown sugar, butter and honey. Melt for 10 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 2. Add the cream and vanilla and mix for 3 seconds on speed 5. Allow to cool completely.
Beat the cream cheese for 20 seconds on speed 5. Add 160g of the cooled sauce and beat for 10 seconds on speed 5. Place 1 cake on a serving plate and spread with half of the frosting. Top with remaining cake and frosting.
Drizzle cake with 2-3 tablespoons of sauce and serve remaining sauce on the side
Cake, Frosting and Butterscotch Sauce
Made this for one of my team meeting to celebrate my team leaders birthday - the lovely Helen Vogiatzakis who is known for her sweet tooth, and it went down a treat with us all. Been wanting to convert it for a while so good opportunity and the kids definately want me to make it for them too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise