- 700 grams carrots, chopped roughly (no ends)
- 375 grams self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice, (home made or from the store)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250 grams vegetable oil
- 125 grams Chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 1 Lemon peel, zest only, no white pith.
- 25 grams cornflour
- 1 pinch salt, fine
- 85 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- 260 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract, (pure vanilla extract, not essence)
1h 30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to moderate (160-180 depending on if it is gas, fanforced or element) and line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper making sure the baking paper goes at least an inch above the sides.
2. Place carrots in TM bowl. Chop 5secs/ speed 5. Set aside.
3. Place SR Flour, mixed spice and bicarb into bowl and use your Turbo function 3 times (3 x 1 second turns, this sifts the flour).
4. Add oil, eggs and sugar and mix 6 sec/ speed 6. Scrape down the sides.
5. Add the reserved carrots and stir in through the mixture with your spatula.
6. Add walnuts to the Bowl and mix with reverse speed 5/ 5 secs.
7. Pour in to the prepared cake tin and bake for 40 mins then cover the cake loosely with alfoil then continue to bake for a further 45 mins (total baking time is 1 hour and 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean).
8. Pop it on to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 30 mins then you can remove it from the tin and continue to cool it on the wire rack until room temp and it is ready to cover with the frosting.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Place lemon zest, cornflour, salt and 60g of the icing sugar into the TM bowl and mix 10secs/ speed 9. Then scrape down the sides and repeat if the lemon zest need to be finer.
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and vanilla into the bowl and mix 30sec/ speed 4. then scrape down the sides.
3. Place the remaining 200g of icing sugar into the Bowl and Mix 30sec-1min/ speed 4, or until light and fluffy.
4. This is enough frosting to cover the cake with a thin layer in the middle and on the top or just a thick layer all over.
5. You can also decorate with some extra chopped walnuts and lemon zest.
Accessories you need
Store in the firdge until ready to eat as this will help the frosting keep its shape.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Golden Syrup Biscuits
- Choco-caramel slice
- Date and Walnut Loaf
- Variation South African Buttermilk Rusks
- Nutrient boosted banana bread
- Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- "Boozy" Dalgona Coffee Whip
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice
- Home Made Philly Cream Cheese
- Super Simple Gluten Free Cookies (Allergy Free option)
- Stewed Blood Plums (for Crumbles) - Thermo Cazza
- Alfredo with prawns
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Cheesy Knefeh
- Easy Uttapam
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Slice
- Old fashioned cream buns with mock cream filling
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup