- 90 g pistachio nuts
- 220 g sugar
- peel of 2 lemons
- 130 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 370 g Self Raising Flour
- 370 g yoghurt, thick, Greek style
- icing sugar, dusting
- pistachio nuts, crushed
- pomegranate seeds
- citrus juice icing
Preheat Fan forced oven to 170°C.
Place pistachios into TM bowl and chop roughly using pulse Turbo for a few seconds. Remove and set aside.
Place sugar and lemon peel into TM bowl, pulverise for 30 seconds on Speed 8.
Add butter and mix 1 minute at Speed 5 until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary to incorporate mixture.
Remove MC, and with blades turning at Speed 5 add eggs one at a time, beat 1 minute until thick and creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
Add nuts, flour and yoghurt, and using spatula to assist, mix at Speed 4/5 until just combined.
Scrape mixture into a large silicone baking mould/greased/baking paper lined cake tin. Or use muffin trays to make small cakes for lunchboxes.
Cook 45 - 55 minutes for large cake and approximately 20 minutes for muffins.
When a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, your cake is cooked.
Cool cake in tin/mould for 5 minutes before removing onto a wire rack.
Serve dusted with icing sugar or drizzle with lemon juice icing.
Cooking time will depend upon the size and material of your baking mould and how hot your oven cooks. When using silicone baking moulds you may need to turn your oven down.
Traditionally it’s made in a ring shaped mould.
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!.....Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fairy cakes
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Apricot crumble slice (AWW)
- Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- Kirsten's Baked Vanilla Fig Cheesecake with Balsamic Fig Glaze
- Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
- Greek Yoghurt Cherry and Almond Muffins
- Healthy Slice
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- No Knead Sourdough
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, Prune/Date and Walnut Bites (or Balls)
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures)
- Sourdough Spelt Crackers
- Cream Cheese Icing with Treacle