- 170 g cream cheese, chopped
- 170 g Butter, softened and chopped
- 10 g sugar
- 270 g plain flour
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 can Top'n'Fill
- 2 egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- 75 g pure icing sugar, sifted
2h 55minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine all 10secs/sp7
Knead 2 mins
Wrap in cling wrap and place in the fridge to firm up.
At this point it will be very soft and sticky.
This can take 2-4 hours. It needs to be firm enough to roll out.
- Place filling into a small bowl and stir briskly until smooth.
- Beat to stiff peaks in your favourite way, adding sugar once it has reached a stiff consistency.
Grease 12 pattycake/cupcake holes.
Roll pastry out to 3mm thickness and cut to fit.
Fill with caramel (no need to bake first).
Bake 180C/20-30 mins, until golden and the caramel has bubbled up.
Top with a spoon of meringue and bake again 200°C/10 mins or until meringue has coloured.
Important: Leave to cool completely in the tins before removing or they will crumble.
A few points to note:
*The pastry is very soft. Almost cake like before you put it in the fridge.
It may take 2 hours to firm up, but it won'r roll like normal pastry. Dust your work surface generously with flour to prevent sticking.
But the end result is worth it. Buttery, really short pastry.
* Do not attempt to remove the tarts from the tins until completely cold. Run a knife around the edges to remove when cool.
* Use the recipe for meringue on p308 of the BCB, as a guide if you want to make it in the TMX. Reduce the times given. Or prepare it in your favourite way.
*These will last a few days in the fridge and likely freeze but you’d probably have to scrape off the meringue first.
*They definitely set better after a couple of hours in the fridge 👍
Enjoy with a lovely cup of tea or coffe..sooo delicious!
"Thermify me" your source for great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard Cake
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Easy as apple tea cake
- cron milk
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Muesli Bars
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits