- 40 g walnut pieces
- 15 g Butter, softened
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 2 tsp Chai Masala, (Spice Mix - see my separate recipe for "Chai Masala & Chai Tea")
- 110 g sugar
- 90 g Butter, softened
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence or extract
- 180 g Thick or Greek Yogurt
- 190 g plain flour, (can be ½ white & ½ wholemeal, or 100% wholemeal if using atta flour [wholemeal wheat flour used in Indian cooking, more finely ground than wholemeal flour in Australia])
- 1 pinch salt, (only if butter was unsalted)
- 1 tsp baking powder, or ½ tsp cream of tartar & ¼ tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda, extra
- (1) Place walnut pieces in TM bowl. Place simmer basket into TM bowl above walnut pieces.
Chop Turbo / 1/2 sec (TM5) OR 1 sec / speed 10 (TM31).
Tip chopped walnuts into a small bowl. Clean & dry mixing bowl.
(2) Place small bowl on top of TM bowl. Weigh in butter.
(3) Add remaining Filling/Topping ingredients into small bowl.
(4) Mix filling/topping ingredients together in the small bowl with your fingers. Set small bowl aside.
- (1) Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a small loaf tin, line base with baking paper cut to size, set aside.
(2) Place sugar in TM mixing bowl.
Mill 10 sec / speed 10. Scrape down sides.
(3) Add butter and mix 30 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides.
(4) With blades rotating on speed 4, add eggs one at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid. Scrape down sides.
(5) Add remaining ingredients and mix 1 min / speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- (1) Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Tap loaf tin on bench to level. Sprinkle 3/4 of filling/topping mixture on the batter in the loaf tin.
(2) Pour remainder of batter into loaf tin. Tap loaf tin on bench to level. Sprinkle remainder of filling/topping mixture on top of the batter in the loaf tin.
(3) Place loaf tin in oven and bake 45-50 minutes.
(4) Cool in loaf tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack to continue cooling.
(5) Smell the deligtful aroma all through your kitchen. Slice and enjoy!
Putting cake together
Accessories you need
Also suitable for TM5.
This cake has a lovely intense flavour and a beautiful aroma.
It will become a family favourite.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)