- 280 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Bi-carb soda
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 170 g Butter (If using unsalted, add 1/2 teaspoon salt when adding flour to mixture)
- 150 g brown sugar
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 150 g m&m's (or choc chips if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place butter in bowl & melt for 30 seconds, speed 4, 50 degrees. Scrape down sides and mix for another 30 seconds, speed 3, 50 degrees (or until melted)
Add Brown & White sugar & mix for 10 seconds on speed 3
Add in egg, egg yolk & vanilla extract & mix for 15 seconds on speed 3
Add flour, corn flour, bi-carb soda, and salt (If using unsalted butter) and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 until combined
Add in m&m’s and mix for 30 seconds on , speed .
The dough will be very soft. Empty the dough into a separate bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours (or if you’re impatient like me, place it in the freezer for 40 minutes to firm up). After you have finished chilling the dough, take out of the fridge/freezer and allow to soften slightly for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line two large baking trays with baking paper
Roll the dough into balls (approx 3 tablespoons per ball), and try and make them taller rather than wide to make the cookies cook a little thicker (See photo for how mine looked before I put them into the oven). I fit 8 balls onto each sheet so I had 16 in total. Cook for 11 – 12 minutes. The cookies will look a little under baked and will be soft, but allow them to cool on the tray for 10-15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Sally Baking Addiction chewy choc chunk cookies recipe //sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/13/chewy-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
If you don’t want to use the dough right away, it can be rolled into a log and frozen for up to 3 months
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Muesli bars
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Applesauce muffins
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Vanilla Slice
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Curried Sausages
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Ginger custard tart