- 125 gram Butter, cubed
- 125 gram Peanut Butter
- 125 gram honey
- 125 gram raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Weetbix
- 100 gram dark chocolate, in pieces or chips
- 40 gram Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 135 gram rolled oats
- 35 gram dessicated coconut
- 270 gram dried cranberries
- 20 gram chia seeds
- 55 gram sunflower/pepita/sesame seeds
- 1 egg
45minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 40min
Preheat oven to 140 degrees for fan forced. Line a large slice tin with baking paper.
Add butter, peanut butter, honey, sugar, cinnamon and raw sugar to bowl. 2 mins 30/50 deg/speed 2
Add chocolate and weetbix in pieces to bowl. 6 sec/speed 5
Add all other ingredients. 1 min/speed 2
Pour immediately into slice tin and press firmly into sides. Flatten on top and ensure it looks smooth and well compressed. You can use the spatula for this, but a stainless steel dessert spoon also works well.
Place in oven to bake for 35-45 mins until brown and fragrant. Allow to cool on bench in tin, then place in refrigerater for an hour or two to chill. Slice into desired size with a sharp knife. I've sliced mine into small pieces for a toddler and ended up with 48.
Bars can be frozen, but will last in the fridge for a month (if you are very good and don't eat any!).
Accessories you need
You can add any dried fruit instead of cranberries.
Substitute weetbix for a cup of rice bubbles or other cereal.
Substitute peanut butter for any other nut butter.
Butter can be replaced with coconut oil or other fat.
Egg can be ommitted with a slightly crumblier result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salted Caramel Fudge
- Banana Sultana Bread
- Almost Kingston's
- Pennsylvania Dutch Cookies
- Variation Portuguese Tarts - Adapted from Bill Granger - Inspired by Thermofest
- Gluten/Grain/Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Chockie Rocks
- Sweet pastry my way
- Crumble topping
- Burnt butter shortbread
- Fairy Biscuits
- EGG FREE banana muffins
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread