- 180 grams brown or rapadura sugar
- 180 grams Butter, cubed at room temperature
- 3 Eggs Whites, (Large) – healthier option (or 2 Full Eggs)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (or 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 grams chocolate chips
- 160 grams Mini M&M’s
- 300 grams plain flour
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 grams walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 100 grams sultanas, (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or a silicon mat.
2 Place butter and brown/rapadura sugar in the bowl and mix 10-15 seconds/Speed 6 until smooth.
3 Add egg whites and vanilla and mix 5 seconds/Speed 5.
4 Add the Chickpeas and mix /4 Seconds/Speed 5.
5 Add Flour and Oats, Bicarb soda and salt (and Walnuts and Sultanas if using) and mix on /15-20 Seconds/Speed 5 until it forms a dough.
6 Using a silicon spoon, drop large tablespoons of dough onto the tray, flattening them slightly as you press 3-4 differnent coloured mini M&M’s into the top of each cookie. Leave 4-5 cms between each cookie as they will expand during cooking.
7 Bake until just golden so the cookies remain chewy and soft – about 10-13 minutes, depending on how fast your oven is and how big your cookies are.
8 Cool on a wire rack and keep airtight once cooled. Enjoy!!
Accessories you need
These cookies freeze well. To make it quicker you can incorporate the mini M&M’s in step 5 with the Walnuts and Sultanas, but they break up, and are inside the dough, so you miss the colourfulness. That’s why I pop them onto the top of the cookies. Then the kids enjoy the colour!
To make them school-friendly, omit the nuts. I do that all the time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves