- 275 grams water, lukewarm
- 5 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 550 grams white bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, or bread improver
- 5 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons YIAH Chocolate Raspberry Truffle chocolate powder, or see tip
- 45 grams soft butter
- 150 grams milk or dak chocolate chips, frozen
- 150 grams dried cranberries, (I used raspberry infused craisins)
- 4 tablespoons water, chilled (cross mixture)
- 4 tablespoons flour, (cross mixture)
- 2 tablespoons water, (bun glaze mixture)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, (bun glaze mixture)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
NotesFor regular fruit buns simply skip the cross mixture!** Safe to make in a TM31 & TM5. Always check your manual/cookbook for weight limits just to be sure. **
Accessories you need
Proving is when you allow your unrisen dough to sit in a nice warm spot to grow. You generally wait till it has doubled/tripled in size. Dough is happiest proving in a warm moist environment, keep your dough away from direct dry heat (heater/hot oven) or draughts as it can cause the dough to skin up. If you need to prove in a condition like this spray your dough with water and cover with glad wrap or a towel so it stays moist.
There’s many ways people like proving. I prefer placing a big tray of boiling water in a confined area such as an oven (switched off), or microwave & sitting the tray/tin above it. The boiling water creates warmth and steam. If you find your water starts to lose heat you can refresh it with new boiling water.
Other places that work – warm car, bathroom after a steamy shower, on top of heat packs or water bottles, electric blanket. The list is endless!
If you do not have YIAH chocolate powders you can still make chocolate craisin buns. Replace YIAH powder with 2 teaspoons milk powder and 1 extra teaspoon of cocoa and increase the sugar to 45-65grams.To make YIAH jaffa hot crossed buns use choc-orange powder and leave out the craisins. I think YIAH salted caramel with dates would be very yummy too!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- Mr Mixie's chilli con queso
- Tangy passion fruit slice
- Lime Coconut Pie
- Caramello Custard
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Rice Bubble Slice - Refined Sugar Free
- Mixie's Spinach and Onion Cob
- Mixie's Famous French Onion Dip
- Fruit & Veg Slurplie
- 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter
- Eatra sneaky chocolate milkshake