- 250 g pitted dates
- 300 g Milk
- 100 g Butter
- 85 g Ginger Marmalade
- 150 g brown sugar
- 200 g SR flour
- 50 g chopped pecan nuts, (optional)
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- 1 level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 Ripe pears, peeled and chopped
1. Grease and line the base of a 23 cm springform pan
2. Place dates into TM bowl and chop, 2-3 secs, turbo, until well chopped.
3. Add milk, butter, marmalade, and brown sugar to the dates and cook 5 mins, 100 C, sp 1
4. Remove bowl and sit on bench to cool for 20 minutes
5. Add flour, eggs, bicarb soda, nuts (if using) and chocolate chips to the cooled date mixture and mix 20 sec, , sp 4
6. Pour into cake tin and scatter chopped pears over the top
7. Bake for 60 - 70 minutes, 180 C, putting foil over top about halfway through to prevent over-browning. Skewer inserted into centre should come out mainly clean when cooked.
8. Cool in tin
Accessories you need
Very moist cake - great for dessert with a little cream or custard
Any marmalade will work - add half a teaspoon of powdered ginger if using another variety.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Greek easter koulourakia dairy free
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Beef hotpot
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Lemon biscottini
- Super moist chocolate cake (gluten and dairy free and no added sugar)
- Moist chocolate beetroot cake
- Middle eastern syrup cupcakes
- Malteser cupcakes
- Cheesecake brownies
- Buttermilk sorbet
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies
- Continental layer cake
- Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce