- 0.125 litre vegetable oil
- 220 g Soft brown sugar
- 0.125 litre Maple syrup
- 60 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 250 g Beetroot
- 3 egg
- 225 g Flour, Plain
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
- 0.185 litres cream, pouring
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm round baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
Place chocolate into mixing bowl 8 sec/ speed 7,add oil, brown sugar and maple syrup 2min 37deg speed 2
Add diced, peeled, raw beetroot 10sec gradually increase speed to 7
Add eggs 10 sec/speed 2
Add sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa powder mix 20 sec speed 1. Scrape down sides to mix in remainder of the flour.
Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin, before turning out and cooling completely.
To make the ganache
Combine all ingredients into thermomix 2 min/speed 2 50deg
Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly and pour over the cake.
Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or thin custard.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Nutella Cookies
- Honey Jumble Cake
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Lactation Cookies
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- Pecan Pie Slice