- 125 g Butter, cubed
- 75 g sugar
- 1 Tablespoon golden syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon bicarb-soda
- 190 g plain flour
- 1.5 Tablespoon cocao
- 30 g Butter
- 30 g sugar
- 30 g nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon almond, essence
8Recipe is created for
Place butter and sugar in TX bowl, mix on speed 4 until creamy. Scrape sides if needed.
Put milk and syrup in large cup and warm in microwave ~30sec.
Add bicarb to milk mix, stir and mix will foam. Add this to the sugar, butter and mix at speed 4 till combined ~20 sec speed 4.
Add flour, cocao and mix at speed 4 ~ 30 sec, scrape down sides and mix a further 10sec.
Put dough on bread mat or cling film. Bring together and roll into a fat sausage about 10cm long.
Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
Cut into 32 slices. Put slices on baking paper lined pan. Make marks in each slice with fork or dip patterned glass in sugar and press into dough. Cook 11 - 12 minutes at 180C.
Remove cookies to a rack to cool. While cooling make filling. This is a simple butter iceing filling with nuts but any good iceing will do.
Put sugar in dry bowl. Mix at speed 9 for 15 - 20 sec to make iceing sugar.
Add nuts, pulse till fine.
add butter & essence and mix at speed 4 till combined ~4 sec
Put iceing into a pastry bag to fill the cookies. You can use a knife to spread on half of the cookies but the bag is easier and if there is any filling left it is a handy way to store it.
Pair up the cookies, put a liberal squeeze of iceing on each and top with its pair.
These are my home made "OREOS"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Peppermint Slice