- 150 grams sugar
- 250 grams milk chocolate
- 250 grams Butter
- 1 level teaspoon instant coffee
- 120 grams water
- 120 grams Milk
- 4 eggs
- 40 grams Rice Bran Oil
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla extract
- 325 grams plain flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 250 grams Caramel Chocolate
- 90 grams thickened cream
1h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees fan forced. Grease and line a square 23 cm cake tin.
2. Mill sugar for 10 seconds speed 10. Add chocolate and chop finely speed 6 for 10 seconds. Add butter, coffee and water.
3. Heat for 10 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 1. Cool to room temperature (about about 15 minutes).
4. Add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
5. Add flour, bicarb soda and cocoa powder. Mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds or until all combined. You might need to scrape the sides down and mix for a further 10 seconds.
6. Pour into prepared tin and tap on the bench to remove as much air bubbles as possible. Place in the centre of the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
7. The trick for a nice flat mudcake is to cook the cake at a low temperature for a longer time, so check carefully after the 1 hour and 10 minutes and if the middle is still not set, keep in oven for further 5-10 minutes and watch carefully. Once cake is cooked, remove from oven to cool.
8. Allow the cake to cool completely before icing with ganache. To make the ganache, chop chocolate speed 8 for 10 seconds, add cream. Cook for 2 minutes, speed 5 at 50 degrees. Scrape down and mix for further 1 minutes, speed 4 at 50 degrees. Cool to thicken ganache.
Enjoy! Love, LO xx
Cook cake on a low temperature for a longer time to avoid creating a cracked dome in the centre of the cake!
Recipe adapted from Exclusively Food
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- APPLE CINNAMON OAT MUFFINS by Domestic Thermominx
- Lamb and Vege Puree by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Prawn Omelette by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Ceasar Salad Dressing by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Soufra by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Cinnamon Apple Pie with Sour Cream Pastry
- Caramelised Leek & Onion Quiche
- Baked Tasty Cheesy Meatballs