- 500 g water
- 600 g raw sugar
- 250 g Butter, chopped
- 35 g Cocoa Powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda, sifted
- 450 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 350 g whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 125 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 150 g chocolate
- 100 g cream
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of a 25-28cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place sugar in bowl and mill 5 sec/sp10.
3. Add water, butter, cocoa and bicarb to bowl with sugar and heat until sugar is dissolved. 6min/temp 90/sp2.
4. Bring to the boil 3 min/temp100/sp2.
5. Reduce heat to simmer, 6 min/temp95/sp2. Replace the MC with the simmering basket.
6. Cool to room temperature.
7. Add flour and eggs to chocolate mix and beat 3min/sp4 until pailer in colour.
8. Pour mixture into prepare tin. Bakes for approx. 60 min. Test with a skewer and stand to cool in tin for about 5 min before turning out.
Place butterfly whish over blades, add cream, sugar and vanilla.
Whisk sp 3. Time can change so you have to check the consistency throuhg the hole. It will take approximately 1-2 min, check by sight.
Gently fold through raspberries.
Dont worry about cleaning the bowl after whipping the cream.
Add chocolate, broken into pieces and add cream.
Mix 3 min/temp90/sp2.
Cut cake into 2 layers.
Spread Raspberry Cream on base and replace the top of the cake.
Make sure the ganache is a good pouring consistency, not too hot/runny and not to firm. Slowly pour the chocolate ganache in the centre of the top of the cake until just begins to pour over the edges.
This basic chocolate cake is the perfect cake for any occasion. It is a large cake and just as good topped with frosting as it is filled with cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Penny’s protein packed choc chip cookies
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Raspberry tartlets
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Healthy Banana Flapjacks
- Gluten Free Buttercake
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Brewed Ginger Beer (alcoholic)
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Gluten Free Bread