- 260 grams bakers flour, or wholemeal flour
- 125 grams Butter, cold and cubed
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 40 grams cocoa powder, or raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 grams chocolate chips, 70% cocoa
- 200 grams Milk, full cream
- 1 egg
1. Measure the flour, butter, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt into the mixing bowl and mix for 5 seconds / speed 8.
2. Add chocolate chips, milk and egg and kneed for 30 seconds
3. transfer dough onto thermomat or a lightly floured bench top and press out to 3 cm thickness - with lightly floured hands (the dough will be sticky). Cut scones with the spatula into the desired shape and place on the pre prepared tray, close but not touching.
4. Cook for 15 - 18 mins.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees, grease an oven tray or cover with baking paper and set aside
Accessories you need
We use these for lunch boxes and I think they are a great substitute and cost saving alternative to bakers delight chocolate scones! I have priced them up at 54c per scone (a saving of $1.46 per scone).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Thai Curry with Cauliflower Rice and Veg
- Almond Date and Walnut Scrolls
- Chilli Non Carne
- Raw Snickers Bar
- Falafel & Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Better than Milo
- Chocolate Brownies with love
- Chicken Laksa
- Grans Gingerbread
- Gordon Ramsay's Chocolate Fondant - Thermomix Style!
- Rocky Road Truffles