- 500 gram water
- 225 gram sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 175 gram Red apple, peeled, cored and cut into 3cm cubes
- 100 grams Butter
- 8 Pitted fresh dates
- 2 eggs
- 80 gram plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 40 gram Raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
1h 5minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place varoma into position, then weigh sweet potato and apple into it. Secure varoma lid and steam 25min/varoma/speed 2 or until soft and tender
- Set varoma aside, remove lid and leave sweet potato and apples to drain. Discard steaming water and dry mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 160. Grease and line a square cake tin with baking paper and set aside
- Place butter and dates into warm mixing bowl and mix for 10sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula
- Add reserved warm sweet potato and apple and blend 10sec/speed 6
- Scrape bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 6 or until butter is melted and mixture is smooth
- Add eggs, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and vanilla and mix 10 sec/speed 5
- Scrape down bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Transfer mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface with spatula. Scatter chocolate chips over slice and bake for 20 mins (160) or until just baked. Allow to cool in tin for at least 15 mins. Cut into squares before serving
Follow me at Nadine's Thermy Kitchen
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Jaffa cake
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds