- 185 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, level
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, heaped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 110 g castor sugar
- 105 g wheat bran
- 120 g sultanas, or chopped dates
- 125 g oil, canola or sunflower or olive
- 375 g buttermilk, or plain milk/soy
- 1 egg
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
pre heat oven to 200 deg C
make castor sugar first if you need to.. place 110 raw sugar into TM bowl and grind 10 secs speed 9.
add all ingredients in order
combine 20 secs speed 3.5 "Counter-clockwise operation"
pour mix into large silicone muffin cases or muffin tin and bake 20 mins
leave to cool for 5 mins then cool on wire rack...
this is a tweaked recipe form original Womens Weekly recipe
Accessories you need
can be done in TM31 speed 3 or 4 only check only just combined... do not over work for both machines
I have made with gluten free flour with same good result.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Carins Curried Broccoli and Potato soup
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- THERMOMUMMA STEWED APPLE
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Muesli Slice
- Spicy bean soup
- Spinach ricotta star
- Raspberry & Lime Friands
- Sweet Potato & Broccoli Savoury Pancakes (BLW friendly)
- Garlic Rice
- Choke Gnocchi