- 1000 g mixed dried fruit
- 65 g red glace cherries
- 65 g slivered almonds
- 65 g mixed peel
- 1/4 bottle brandy
- 1/4 bottle Port
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 250 g Butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons Parisian Essence
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Mix fruit, cherries, almonds and peel with half of the brandy and port
- Cover, refrigerate and leave for up to 6 months stirring every couple of days
- Line a spring form cake tin and preheat oven to 150°C
- Add cubed butter to Thermomix bowl and melt 7 min/50°C/speed 1
- Add all the other ingredients including the bicarb soda dissolved in warm water. Add the four. Mix 5 secs/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl then repeat 5 secs/speed 5
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl with the soaked fruit and combine with spatula
- Pour into the greased and lined cake tin. Bake in slow oven at approximately 140-150°C for approximately 3-4 hours. Once sealed on top cover with a piece of baking paper to stop from burning
Place a tablespoon each of brandy and port in a small container and brush some over top of cake very half hour or so. When cooked prick holes in the top of the cake and sprinkle with the rest of brandy and port and allow to cool in pan
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Courgette Flan
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Variation "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Rima's Petitfour