- 120 g plain flour
- 40 g SR flour
- 20 g Shredded coconut
- 100 g unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla bean, extract
- 1 egg
- 60 g caster sugar
- Zest and juice 2 limes
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
- 4 eggs
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Butter a 30cm flan tin with removable base and set aside.
Place flours, coconut and butter into mixing bowl and mix for 6 sec/speed 6.
Add vanilla, egg and sugar and mix for 5 sec/speed 5.
Knead for 10-15 sec//[corn].
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Roll out thinly between layers of floured baking paper. Gently line the flan tin, prick base with a fork and freeze for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cool completely.
Reduce oven temperature to 160ºC.
To make filling place zests and sugar into clean mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
Add cheese and whisk for 10 sec/speed 4.
Reduce blades to speed 3 and add the juices through the hole in lid and eggs, 1 at a time until blended for around 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix again for 10 sec/speed 4.
Pour into cooled pastry base and bake for 30-40 minutes until just set in centre.
Dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen