THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed or linseed meal, (you can start with whole seeds and grind them before commencing)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, (you can start with whole seeds and grind them before commencing)
- 12 tablespoons water
- 110 grams Butter
- 110 grams raw sugar
- 110 grams brown sugar, (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, (or paste)
- 170 grams plain flour
- 2-4 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams oats
- 175 grams Dark Choc Bits
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Combine Flaxseed / Linseed and Chia Seeds in a small dish and let sit for 3-5 mins.
Cream butter and sugars for 1min 30sec, speed 4/5, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
Add vanilla and linseed and mix for 40sec, speed 4/5. Scrape down bowl.
Add flour, yeast, soda and salt and mix for 30sec, speed 5.
Add oats and choc chips and mix for 40sec, , speed 2.
Use a 2 teaspoons to scoop onto a lined baking tray.
Wet hands and roll a teaspoon of the mixture into a ball, slightly press the mixture down to flattern and place onto a lined baking tray.
Bake for 12-15 mins.
Enjoy and make more milk
Accessories you need
Brewers Yeast has quite a strong flavour which is why the recipe says 2-4 tablespoons. In this verison i use 4 tablespoons.
I like my cookies nice and chocolatey but you can halve the choc chips (or even add more!) and they are still yummy!
I find it easier to transfer the mix to another bowl before making the biscuits. Depending of how hungry i am while i make these i can get anywhere from 24 to 50 cookies! By using the teaspoon i get 50.
The flaxseed meal, chia seed meal and water mix acts as the binding agent in this recipe.
The milk increasing (galactagogues) ingredients in the recipe are the oats, linseed and brewers yeast.
Bake for 12 mins for soft in the middle cookies, or a little longer if you like them crunchy. I find 13 minutes to be perfect!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- PECAN PIE
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- LEEK SAUCE
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Ginger Loaf
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Vita Brit Slice