- 2Cups plain flour
- 2Cups caster sugar
- 1/2Cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 4 heaped tablespoons cacoa / cocoa
Place sugar into your TM bowl and process for 9-10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Now place butter (cubed) into TM bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 1. Add in cocoa and process for 10 seconds on speed 3. Now pour in 1 cup of boiling water from the jug and leave for 1 minute.
Tip in flour, sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Process for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Now add in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and process for 10-15 seconds on speed 3 until well combined.
Pour into a large baking tray ( this is what the Pioneer Lady does) or into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a 170 degrees oven for about 20 minutes until a knife comes out clean. My oven normally takes closer to 25-30mins.
I pour the batter into two 25cm round tins, dividing evenly. I then sandwich with whipped cream and decorate with ganache and lollies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Funfetti Blondies
- Moist Beetroot Brownie
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Chocolate mud cake
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Choc-chip Banana Bread
- Double Choc Chip Muffins