- 2Cups plain flour
- 2Cups caster sugar
- 1/2Cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 4 heaped tablespoons cacoa / cocoa
Place sugar into your TM bowl and process for 9-10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Now place butter (cubed) into TM bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 90 degrees on speed 1. Add in cocoa and process for 10 seconds on speed 3. Now pour in 1 cup of boiling water from the jug and leave for 1 minute.
Tip in flour, sugar, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Process for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Now add in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and process for 10-15 seconds on speed 3 until well combined.
Pour into a large baking tray ( this is what the Pioneer Lady does) or into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a 170 degrees oven for about 20 minutes until a knife comes out clean. My oven normally takes closer to 25-30mins.
I pour the batter into two 25cm round tins, dividing evenly. I then sandwich with whipped cream and decorate with ganache and lollies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Chocolate mud cake
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Choc-chip Banana Bread
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Mini Savoury Breads
- Moist Vanilla Cake (extra large!)