- 125 g 'Nice' biscuits, or other vegan biscuit
- 80 g Nuttelex, or preferred vegan margarine
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 80 g caster sugar
- 40 g custard powder
- 400 g coconut cream
- 200 g water
- 4 Basil leaves
- 80 g white sugar
- 250 g strawberries, sliced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease a 20 cm springform tin. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Crush biscuits on speed 6 for 10 seconds. Add margarine and mix for 20 seconds on speed 6.
3. Press crust into base and up sides of tin. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool. Wash and dry mixing bowl.
4. To make the lemon custard, place lemon zest, sugar and custard powder in mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. Add coconut cream and water and heat 9 mins/90C/speed 4 or until thickened. Pour into cooled biscuit crust, and immediately cover with cling wrap pressed onto surface of the custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. To make the basil sugar, place basil and sugar in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9 or until fine.
7. Arrange sliced strawberries over the custard and sprinkle with basil sugar. Garnish with young basil leaves.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes
- Banana and Date Muffins
- Blueberry Blondie
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chermoula chicken with quinoa and lentil salad
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- Grape jelly
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth