- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams oats
- 55 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Handful raw nuts/seeds
- Handful Dried Fruit
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 180/160 degrees (fan forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix - 20 seconds/speed 2.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, cacao and cinnamon.
- Add the oat mixture to the coconut oil mixture, half a cup at a time - speed 2/reverse. (I usually find each half a cup takes about 15 seconds to mix properly.) Ensure the mixture is properly mixed before adding the next cup.
- Place mixture onto the oven tray and sprinkle nuts/seeds and dried fruit over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before placing in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
When stored in an airtight container, it will last up to 2 months.
This is an incredibly versatile recipe. You can add any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruits, according to your preferences. My favourite combination is almonds, hazelnuts and sultanas.
To achieve the all-important clumps, it’s important to ensure that the oats are slightly crowded in the tray so they can stick together. Once cooked, leave the tray out for a few hours to allow the oats to further clump as they cool down.
As I usually serve my granola with some yogurt and fresh fruit, I only add 1 tablespoon of honey. Experiment with the honey to get your required sweetness.
You can find more recipes on my blog By Lara Dee (www.bylaradee.com.au)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Nutella 'like' Bliss Balls
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Vegan Hummingbird cake