- 220 g sugar
- 40 g Strong Coffee, (I used 2 1/2 tbs instant coffee)
- 300 g self-raising cake flour, (see preparation steps if it's not available)
- 200g g Grapeseed Oil, (or mild flavour vegetable oil)
- 160 g water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 eggs, (room temperature)(63-65g), separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar, (or 1 tsp vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g chocolate, (semisweet or bittersweet), chopped
- 200 g heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 100 g dark chocolate chips, optional
1h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Measure 300g of plain flour and replace with 4 TB cornflour.
- Add 4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Pulse in "Closed lid" for 2 sec/Turbo 3 times.
- Preheat the oven at 160’C (no fan). This recipe is suitable for a 25cm tube pan. DO NOT GREASE the pan.
- Pulse sugar in a clean and dry "Closed lid" for 2 sec/Turbo. Set aside 100g of sugar for the meringue later and you should have 120g left in "Closed lid" .
- Add in yolks. Mix for 10 sec/Speed 4.
- Add in oil, coffee, water, salt and flour. Mix for 20 sec/Speed 4.
- Pour batter into a big bowl so there’s room to fold in the meringue. Make sure the batter is smooth and free of clumps. If not, stir with your spatula.
- Make sure "Closed lid" bowl is clean and dry. Attach the butterfly whisk.
- Add in egg whites and cream of tartar into "Closed lid" . Whisk for 3 min / Speed 4. The texture should be soft peak.
- Remove MC. With the sugar that you have put aside for the meringue, add in 1 tsp of sugar at a time through the hole in the last 1 min 30 sec.
- Check if the texture is stiff peak, if not, whisk another 10 sec.
- Remove the butterfly whisk.
- Mix 1/3 of the meringue into the batter (I used a soup ladle because there’s a lot of batter) and stir to combine. This will lighten the batter so it is easier to fold in the rest of the meringue.
- Add in another 1/3 of the meringue and fold in one direction while slowly spinning the bowl, until all is well-combined.
- Add in the remaining meringue and fold until no streaks of meringue remain.
- Gently pour the batter into the cake pan in one position, from about 10 cm high. The mixture should flow in like ribbons and spreads to fill the pan.
- Run a skewer around the batter from the tube to the side of the pan. Gently tap the pan on the benchtop twice to remove large air pockets.
- Bake in the lowest rack for 50 to 60 min until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and the surface is dry.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately invert the pan onto a cooling rack and let the cake cool completely (about 2 hours) before removing it.
- To remove the cake, run a thin knife along the side and the bottom of the cake.
- Add chopped chocolate, cream and coffee into "Closed lid" and melt 2-3 min/50’C/ speed 3.
- Place "Closed lid" into the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- To whip, attach butterfly whisk and whip the coffee mixture at speed 3 until light and fluffy.
- Use it to ice the cake.
Self-raising cake flour
Step 1. Prepare the egg yolk batter
Step 2. Prepare the meringue
Step 3. Fold in the meringue
Step 4. Bake the cake
Whipped mocha ganache
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes