- 30 g raw sugar
- 330 g Milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 80 g Butter
- 670 g bakers flour
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet Yeast
- 200 grams raw suagr
- 1 nutmeg, whole
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 cloves
- 100 grams cranberries, dried
- 150 grams Cherries, either in a jar or fresh (remove stone)
- 80 grams Almonds, flaked
Add 100 gms sugar and spices to Bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 10
Add extra 100 gms of unmilled sugar and combine on speed 3 for 5 seconds.
place sugar in TM bowl and pulverise for 3 seconds on speed 9
place milk in bowl and warm for 1 minute at 50 degrees on speed 2
add yeast salt butter flour and egg and mix to combine for 10 seconds on speed 7
Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 3 inutes on interval setting.
let rise for 30-60 minutes in warm spot until double in size.
roll or stretch dough out on bread mat ot board into rectangle shape about 40 cm x 15cm
spread filling down centre of dough all the way along the length of the rectangle.
sprinkle liberally with spiced sugar.
cut 1 inch slices on a 45 degree angle down both sides of the filling to resemble a fish skeleton
making sure you have the same amount of "gills" either side
then criss cross the straps all the way down the dough forming a plait.
you can cook like this or bring it around to form a ring (wreath at christmas)
brush with egg white and sprinkle with more spiced sugar and/or sprinkle with flaked almonds
bake at 200 degrees for 25-30 mins (watch it doesnt get to dark on top)
when cool you can drizzle with some Icing or serve with Brandy Custard
TO ASSEMBLE AND PLAIT
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Reduced Sugar Banana Muffins
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Reduced Sugar Banana Muffins
- Tuna Patties with Sunflower & Pepita Crumb
- Anna’s Creamy Overnight Oats
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya