THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 410 grams sultanas
- 100 grams dark figs
- 250 grams dried cranberries
- 250 grams brandy
- 250 grams Butter
- 215 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 4 eggs
- 300 grams plain flour
- 75 grams Self Raising Flour
- 140 grams pistachio kernels
- 4 egg whites
- 450 grams white icing sugar, dont use raw sugar for this
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 1 egg white
- caster sugar (1 cup), to decorate
- 250 grams fresh cherries, stems attached
8Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with non-stick baking paper
2. Place fruit and brandy in TM. Cook at 100°C for 6 minutes on Reverse + speed 1
3. Set aside and cool
4. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to TM. Beat on speed 5 for 1 minute
5. Slow to speed 3, add eggs one at a time, then add sifted flours
6. Turn blade to Reverse + speed 3 and slowly add fruit and pistachio. Combine with aid of spatula
7. Spoon into prepared cake pan and cook for 1½-1¾ hrs. (Until skewer comes out clean)
Cover with tea towel and let cool for 3-4 hrs (preferably overnight) before icing with frosting and cover cake with sugared Cherries (stems sitting up)
1.Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place egg white and sugar in separate bowls
2.Brush 1 cherry with a little egg white, dip into sugar and turn to coat
3.Place on prepared tray and repeat with remaining cherries
1. Insert butterfly into TM bowl. Add egg whites and without MC in place, beat for 3-5 minutes on speed 4 until stiff peaks are formed.
2. Whilst blade is turning on speed 4, slowly add sugar and vanilla until combined.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)