- 40g chopped and stoned prunes
- 60g liqueur (eg. Tia Maria or Drambuie
- 30g pecans
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 140g caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 125g Unsalted Butter at room temp
- 40g plain flour
- pinch salt
- pinch cream of tartar
2h 40minPreparation 2h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak prunes in liqueur for two hours.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease, flour and line a 20cm round cake pan.
Place pecans in bowl and turbo once. Set aside.
Add egg whites, pinch of salt and pinch of tartar to bowl with butterfly and whip for 3 minutes, speed 4. Transfer to a large glass, ceramic or metal bowl.
Without washing bowl, add egg yolks and caster sugar to bowl with butterfly and whip for 1 minute, speed 4. Scrape down and around bottom of bowl with spatula and whip for a further 1 minute, speed 4. Transfer to bowl with egg white mixture.
Melt chocolate in a small glass bowl in the microwave for 2-3 minutes checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
Without washing bowl and with butterfly in, add melted chocolate to bowl with softened butter and whip 30 seconds, speed 3. Whip a further few seconds if butter not completely combined.
Remove butterfly and add flour, nuts and prune mixture to the bowl and combine 10 seconds, speed 1. Scrape down bowl with spatula. Repeat for a further 10 seconds, speed 1.
Tip chocolate mix into the bowl containing the egg mixtures and gently fold through until combined.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
When cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Dark Chocolate and Prune Torte
I used Tia Maria in this recipe but any liqueur is fine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pecan Pie Slice
- Avocado and Cacao Mini Loaves
- Piper's Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites
- Shepherd's Pie
- Lentil bolognese
- Coconut and Cacao Peppermint paleo bars
- Roast Pumpkin, Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- Quick Thai Chicken Curry
- Marlene's Choc Peppermint Slice
- Salted Caramel and Pecan Hot Cross Buns
- No Cheese Nacho "Cheese" Dip
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Banana oat pancake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Banana pudding cake
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Easy homemade onion gravy