- 185g Self Raising Flour
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 level tsp ground cardamom
- 1 carrot, Approx 110g, cut into rough 3cm pieces
- 180g Dried pitted dates
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 70g soft brown sugar or coconut sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put the flour, cinnamon and cardamom into the mixing bowl. Sift together 10 seconds on speed 4.
2. Put the flour mixture aside in a bowl.
3. Put the carrot into the mixing bowl (no need to wash bowl). Grate carrot 5 seconds on speed 5.
4. Put the grated carrot into another bowl.
5. Rinse out bowl (no need to dry). Add the dates, water, sugar and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl. Cook 5 minutes at 100°C on .
When finished (should look a bit mushy), take off lid and allow to cool (approx 20 minutes). During this cooling time, preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin (25cm x 14cm) with baking paper.
6. Add grated carrot to the mixture in the bowl. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 3.
7. Add flour mixture to the bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 3.
8. Scape down sides of bowl with spatula and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 3.
9. Spoon into the lined baking tin and bake in oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
10. Remove from tin and enjoy!
Keeps for several days - stays really moist. This is one of my favourite cakes from a really old recipe book my mum gave me. Very happy to have converted it to a thermie recipe as it is so much easier!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Variation Chicken Noodle Rice Paper Rolls
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- ❤Sausage Rolls❤
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Low Carb Carrot Cake! DELICIOUS
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing