- 310 g SR flour
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp bicab soda
- 450 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110 g Oil (Vegetable)
- 250 g Milk
- 250 g Boiling water
1h 25minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 160C (fan force). Line and grease cake tin of your choice with baking paper.
2. Place ALL ingredients EXCEPT boiling water into bowl.
3. Mix speed 5 for 2mins.
4. Scrape down sides.
5. Add boiling water. Begin on speed "Gentle stir setting" increasing slowly to speed 5 for 1min.
6. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 1hr - 1.5hr (depends on what size cake tin you have chosen) or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Once baked remove from oven and leave in tin for 5-10mins before turning onto cooling rack.
8. Ice as desired. See tips.
Chocolate Cake Mix
Accessories you need
This recipe makes quite a large quantity of cake batter. The mixture appears quite runny; however, do not worry it cooks beautifully!
This cake really suits any occasion! I love to use it for birthday/baby shower cakes as it is always a crowd pleaser.
It freezes VERY well. So you can make in advance.
It is delicious with buttercream, fondant, ganache or even just sprinkled with icing sugar.
The 1st picture is iced with the buttercream made from the recipe chip. (I doubled the quantity - this freezes well too if you make too much). Another tip for this buttercream is to add a dash of coconut essence also.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Truffles
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble