- 350 g carrot, 3 medium
- 75 g walnuts
- 50 g pecans
- 50 g pistachios
- 4 eggs
- 270 g sugar
- 70 g molasses
- 150 g olive oil
- 150 g Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 100 g orange marmalade
- 185 g Butter
- 185 g cream cheese
- 375 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1h 15minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Snack Supper Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Canadian USA Creative Easy New Zealand British & Irish Australian Dessert
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Prepare & line a 9in (23cm) cake tin.
2. Add carrots, walnuts, pecans & pistachios to TMX bowl. Chop 10 secs / spd 5. Set aside.
3. Add eggs, sugar and molasses to TMX bowl. Whip 2 mins / spd 4 then 1 min / spd 5.
4. Weigh olive & grapeseed oil into separate pouring jug and add vanilla.
5. Set Thermomix to continue whipping sugar/egg mix for 2 mins 30 secs / spd 3.5.
6. Pour oil into lid with MC still in place, don't fill past the 'breathing hole' in the side of the MC. Allow all oil to drain in over the 2.5 minutes, this will be take a few goes of pouring the oil in.
7. Add carrot & nut mixture back to bowl.
8. Add plain flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, cinnamon, cumin & ground cloves. Mix gently with spatula before mixing "Counter-clockwise operation" / 15 secs / spd 5.
9. Pour cake mixture into lined cake tin and bake 45 mins uncovered. Place foil on top and bake for a further 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
10. Heat marmalade with 2 tablespoons of water and brush over warm cake top. Reserve remaining to brush once cool.
1. Insert butterfly. Add chopped butter to bowl and whip 2 mins / spd 4. Scrape down intermittently as needed to ensure all butter lightens in colour.
2. Add chopped cream cheese to bowl and whip 2 min / spd 4 until it's all incorporated.
3. Leave the blades running on spd 2. Add icing sugar & vanilla bean paste through lid. Once it has all been added, stop blades as soon as all the ingredients have been incorporated.
1. Brush the cooled cake with the warmed marmalade mix including the sides.
2. Liberally spread the frosting over the top of the cake.
3. Top with additional chopped nuts, pistachios look lovely but a combination is fine.
Accessories you need
This recipe has been adapted from George Colambaris' recipe in the Masterchef Magazine. It is the one I make for my Carrot Cake loving Mum and it's my favourite one too (& I'm not a fan of carrot cakes).
You can add 100g sultanas with the spices at the end if you like sultanas in your carrot cake.
If you do not have molasses, use 340g brown sugar instead.
This was very snug in a TM5. If making this in a TM31, do the final mixing by hand in a large bowl.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment & a rating.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Rock cakes
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Saving Citrus
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Banana, Fig & Almond Bread
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- All-In-One Salmon Dinner with Coconut Sauce
- GF Zucchini & Parmesan Loaf (Primal)