- 400 g SR flour
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 125 grams cream
- 125 grams full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius (180 Fan Forced)
- Place flour and butter into TM bowl and mix for 8-10 seconds on speed 9 until bread crumb consistency.
- Add sugar, egg, milk and cream into TM bowl and mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 4 until mixture is combined.
- Knead mixture for 30 seconds using the dough function until combined.
Pour dough mixture* onto well floured surface (or well floured bread mat) and lightly pat dough into 3cm thickness. NOTE: Dough will be very light and sticky - this is ok.
Cut into rounds with scone cutter. Place scones together (touching each other) onto oven tray lined with greaseproof paper.
Glaze with a little milk and bake in a very hot oven at 200 degrees Celcius (180 Fan Forced) for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cool in a clean teatowel on a wire rack
Serve warm with jam and whipped cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.