- 125 grams Butter, at room temperature
- 145 grams white sugar
- 90 grams golden syrup, at room temperature
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 baking trays with either an oven thermomat or baking paper.
Cream butter and sugar on speed 6 for 20 seconds. Add flour, ginger and golden syrup and mix 15 seconds on speed 4,
Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture on one oven tray (lined with the oven thermomat or baking paper). maximim 4 at a time as they spread a LOT.
Bake at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes until golden. Take out of the oven and put the next batch in the oven, on the second tray,
Let the first tray cool for 2 minutes or until you can handle them without breaking. Use a spatula or fish slice to take them off the baking tray, gently wrap them around the handle of a wooden spoon or spatula (you might be able to fit 2 on a wooden spoon handle). Leave them to cool.
Cook and shape in batches until all the mixture is done.
When they are cooled, fill with whipped cream.
Edmonds Brandy snaps
Can shape them into little cups by gently folding over a small ramekin.
This is on page 36 of the edition published 1998
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Hot Water Pastry
- Raw Simnel Cake
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander
- Waitangi Day Lamb Shanks meal