- 200 grams blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon Rice malt syrup, or Honey/Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla powder, substitute for Vanilla Extract or Bean Paste
- to taste lemon juice, approximately 1/4 squeeze
- 40 grams water, mixed with 1/2 tsp Arrowroot Flour/Cornflour
- 35 grams Butter, unsalted
- 1 egg, large
- 175 grams buttermilk
- 120 grams spelt flour, White or Wholemeal
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Stevia, I use Natvia - can sub for normal sugar, to taste (probably 1tbsp or so)
- 75 grams blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all ingedients to TM Bowl
Cook 5:30min / 100 / / Speed 1
Once cooked, set aside in a bowl or jug. Don't worry about cleaning the mixing bowl before making the pancakes!
Add butter to bowl - melt 1min / 50 / Speed 2
Add Egg and Buttermilk - mix 10sec / Speed 4
Add dry ingredients (including blueberries) - Mix 5sec/ / Speed 4.
You don't want to overmix the batter or the pancakes will be flat and rubbery, but make sure all the flour is mixed through.
Heat a frypan and add some butter. Fry the pancakes in approximtely 1/3 cup batches. Cook on low-medium heat until they start to bubble, then flip and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook, they can burn easily!
Will make approximately 6-8 pancakes, depending on the size.
Accessories you need
Top with blueberry syrup, greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Deeeeeelish!
Visit me on facebook for more Thermie-inspiration!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.