- 400 grams Self Raising Flour
- 50 grams rice flour, I used glutinous white as I wanted to use it up, but use brown or white.
- 350 grams caster sugar, I used 250g and it was lovely
- 2 Limes
- 1 lemon, I didn't have any so used half an orange
- 160 grams oil, I used grapeseed
- 2 eggs, I used big ones!
- 250 grams Natural greek yoghurt, Important to use greek
Place rice in bowl and mill 10 seconds, speed 9. Set aside
Add raw sugar and mill 10 seconds, speed 9. Add SR flour, rice flour to bowl.
Add juice and zest of limes and lemon (or orange).
Add oil and eggs. Mix 20 seconds speed 7 using spatula to push down mixture.
Add yoghurt, mix 20 seconds speed 6, using spatula to push down mixture.
Pour mixture into prepared 24cm cake tin. Line tin with baking paper making sure a "collar" of paper sticks up out of the tin for about 10 cm. (this prevents the cake from browning too much)
Place in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 40-45 mins (mine took about 50 minutes). Always test with skewer to make sure it comes out clean.
Mill Rice Flour
Accessories you need
This is perfect for a children's party as it is a simple flavour that is going to be popular with all children.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.