- 2 egg whites, at Room Temperture
- pinch salt
- 100 grams white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams slivered almonds
- 100 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped / room temperature
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C
Place 100g sugar in mixing bowl, mill for 10 sec / speed 10. Transfer to a dish & set aside.
Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites into mixing bowl and mix 3 min / 37 deg C / speed 3.5 without measuring cup.
Continue to mix 5 min / 37 deg C / speed 3 while gradually adding the reserved sugar to get a glossy meringue.
Place parchment paper onto a baking tray.Add the almonds & chocolate and mix 6 sec / / speed 3. Tip mixture into a glass bowl and from here drop good teaspoons of the mixture onto parchment paper, not too close together (12-16 pieces).
Place tray in oven the turn off the heat immediately.Leave overnight (or at least 3 hours until the oven is cold) with the door cloor closed.This is why the original recipe that I converted it from was called "Forgotten Cookies".
Variations - also great with Craisins in place of some of the nuts. I sometimes put a Craisin on top for decoration before I "cook" them in any case.Actually, you could substitute any dried fruit you like.Also works well with roasted salted almonds (chopped) in place of the plain ones for that salty sweet taste.This recipe was converted from "Forgotten Cookies" by Niki Bezzant which was originally from a very old American recipe traditionally made with pecans. The cookies are 'forgotten' because you turn the oven off as soon as they go in and you then leave the oven closed overnight while they 'cook'. If in a hurry, 3 hours is enough. Also for TM31.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- double choc muffins
- Plum Cobbler
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- No Bake Passionfruit cheesecake slice
- Heidi's German Marble cake
- Choc Nut Slice Low FODMAP
- Vanilla Candy Coated Roast Nuts
- Banana Date and Oat Bars
- Fruit Leather
- Berry & White chocolate muffins
- Chocolate and Zucchini Muffins
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Tomato sausage pasta
- lchf savoury muffins (sam wood)
- Potato and Bacon Frittata
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Pumpkin, Feta and Kale Mini Loaves
- Dukkah Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Salted Caramel Kahlua Coffee Frappe