- 1 1/2 packages Starbucks Via Instant Coffee
- 125 g Milk
- 20 g cornstarch
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g sliced almonds
- 60 g sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 300 g sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 75 g hot milk
- 100 g cornstarch
- 250 g flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
3h 45minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Add coffee, milk, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla to bowl. 5 seconds at speed 8, followed by 2 minutes, speed 2, 100C. Set aside.
- Add almonds, sugar and butter to frying pat (medium heat). Stir constantly for until golden. Make sure heat is reduced so almonds and sugar do not burn. Sprinkle krokant onto parchment paper to cool.
Separate eggs. Beat egg whites using butterfly until stiff, 2 minutes, Speed 4. Set aside.
Mix egg yolks and sugar until smooth and all sugar is dissolved (3 minutes, speed 5).
Add unsalted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and hot milk, flour, corn starch and baking powder. (45 seconds, speed 5).
Add one third of the egg whites which have been set aside, carefully fold the whites into the egg mixture (Speed 1, 5 seconds). In two more additions fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture in order to retain the most air bubbles possible. It is better to go slowly and gently.
Pour into buttered floured springform bunt pan. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven, and let cool.
Cut cake horizonally into 3 equally think rings.
Spread mocha pastry cream evenly on the top of the first ring. Set second ring onto the first and repeat. (Note raspberry or apricot jam, can replace the mocha pastery cream on one layer). Add third ring. Finally spread mocha pastry cream evenly on outer sides and top of the sponge cake.
Using your hands gently press the krokant onto the pastry cream.
Mocha Pastry Cream
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins