- 150 gram TM caster sugar
- 60 gram Ghee, ...or other oil/fat source
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or vanilla paste
- 200g Fresh or frozen fruit, Banana worked well, berries would be lovely
- 150g Milk of choice
- 100 grams rice flour, Pre-milled in TMX
- 80 grams tapioca starch
- 50 grams sorghum flour
- 55 grams Cornflour (GF)
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder, see EDC
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium husk
Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line the muffin tray with the paper cases.
Add sugar, ghee/oil, eggs and vanilla and beat on speed 3.5-4 for 30 seconds. The butterfly could be used if desired. This aerates the mixture. Scrape down the sides if required and repeat for another 30 seconds.
Add fruit and combine on speed 2-3 for maintaining fruit chunks.
(I added banana and wanted it well combined/pureed, so did not use reverse)
Add all dry components. Combine on speed 3 for 20-30 seconds (or until combined), with activated if maintaining fruit chunks. Scrape sides and repeat if needed ensuring all of batter is combined.
Put into tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until brown.
Before you start...
Cream/combine wet ingredients
Accessories you need
- Sorghum flour could be swapped for another GF flour option. Millet or even a smaller amount of rice bran may do a similar job. I'm sure extra rice flour and tapioca starch would be ok too.
- I used rice milk, I'm sure all milks would work. Coconut milk would make a lovely variation!
- I used banana, original recipe was raspberry. I'm sure any seasonal fruit would work a treat. Even using more than 200g wouldn't hurt.
- I put a few dairy-free chocolate chips into the batter for a few as a treat for my older kids. You could add these in at the same time as fruit if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Nut Slice
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Almost Kingston's
- Paleo-style 'K-waves' - "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy + gluten free
- "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy and gluten free
- Gluten free nut free no bake muesli bars
- Gluten Free Ginger Slice
- Gluten Free Pastry (Rollable!)
- Fluffy and Tasty Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Corn, Nut and Soy free bread. Suitable for FAILSAFE Elimination Diet
- Gluten Free Butter Cake Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Nut Free Quick Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- "Failsafe" Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg* free Pizza base (+ topping suggestion)