- 125 g Butter, room temperature, chopped
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 65 g Milk
- 2 eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g Butter, room temperature, chopped
- 290 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons gin
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Mix butter and caster sugar together for 5 seconds speed 8.
3. Insert butterfly and mix 2 minutes, speed 4.
4. Scrape down sides and mix another 2 minutes speed 4, take out butterfly.
5. Add lime juice and zest, milk and gin. Mix 10 seconds speed 4.
6. Add 1 egg and mix 10 seconds speed 4, and the other egg and mix 1 minute speed 4.
7. Add plain flour, salt and baking powder. Mix 10 seconds speed 3, scrape down sides of bowl and mix 10 seconds speed 3.
8. Distribute the batter into 12 patty pans and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
1. Place icing sugar and butter into TM bowl, mix 15 seconds speed 8.
2. Add gin and lime juice, mix 4 minutes reverse speed 2. Scrape down sides of bowl, mix 4 minutes reverse speed 2 or until desired consistency is reached.
3. Once the cakes have cooled completely, spread or pipe the icing on top.
4. Decorate with lime zest or thin slice of lime if desired.
Recipe adapted from Over Sixty.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cashew oat drink
- Tuna Dip
- Custard Cake
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk