- 4 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300ml carton of thickened cream
- 1 heaped tablespoons honey
- dash vanilla extract
- sprinkle cinnamon sugar, Optional
- 1/3 cup Jam, apricot is nice
- icing sugar for dusting.
Preheat oven to 150°C F/F .
Grease and line a lamington/swiss roll tray.
1. Beat eggs and sugar in the , with butterfly in, sp4/5mins.
2. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together 3 times.
3. Transfer egg/sugar mix to another bowl.
4. Carefully fold dry ingredients into wet.
5. Spread onto prepared tray.
6. Bake 18-20 minutes.
7. Turn onto a greased baking paper lined t-towel on the bench, and peel off hot baking paper.
8. Roll up, with paper from underneath enclosed within the roll. Make sure that the roll is covered in paper. Leave to cool in the paper.
9. Prepare filling.
- 1. Whip cream and honey (butterfly in) sp4/15-20 secs, until softly whipped.
1. Unroll sponge and spread first with jam, then honey and optional cinnamon sugar and re-roll.
2. Dredge with icing sugar.
How to: Sponge
It's important that you treat this sponge gently.
Both during the mixing and rolling stage.
Don't worry if you get a few cracks..you can cover them with the icing sugar.. :/
Look up how to roll the sponge on U-tube if the process is unclear to you.
Feel free to up the ginger quantity if you love ginger.
Join my FaceBook group Thermify me and Thermifyme Breadwinners for more great recipes, tips and cooking class schedules for the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon [or] Orange Cake
- Custard Cake
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Banana oat cookies (dairy free, egg free, nut free)
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- Choc Beetroot Bliss Balls - Nut free
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies