- 1/4 --- golden syrup, cup
- 55 g brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g Butter, - chopped into cubes
- 1 egg
- 335 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
2. Place the golden syrup, sugar, butter and spices into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 5 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 2.
3. Add the egg and mix for 3 seconds on speed 3.
4. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until combined.
5. Knead for 2 minutes before turning the dough out onto your Thermomat and lightly knead to form a ball.
6. Flatten the dough into a disc, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Roll the Gingerbread dough between two sheets of baking paper until approximately 5mm thick. Use cutters of your choice to cut out shapes and place on baking trays. Bake for approximately 9 - 11 minutes - please note baking times will vary depending on the size of the cutter used.
8. Allow the gingerbread to cool and decorate as desired.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel
- Passionfruit Slice
- Peanut Bites
- Souffle - Spinach
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Strawberry jelly slice