- gluten free cornflour, for dusting
- 380 g Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 1.5 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp ground allspice
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g golden syrup
- 150 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 0.5 tsp Guar Gum
- 240 g pure icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 0.5 tsp lemon juice
4h 45minPreparation 4h 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Dust silicone gingerbread house moulds lightly with cornflour and set aside.
- 2. Place all gingerbread ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 12 sec/speed 6.
- 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and knead 50 sec/.
- 4. Transfer dough into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place dough into refrigerator to chill (approx. 1 hour). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- 5. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- 6. Press dough into prepared moulds to fill half way (do not fill more than halfway up sides of moulds as walls and/or roof will be too thick, making house difficult to assemble). Bake for 23-25 minutes (170°C), until firm. Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size and shape of your moulds.
- 7. Allow to cool for 2 hours in moulds, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool and firm before decorating.
- 8. Place sugar, egg white and lemon juice into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6.
- 9. If icing is too thick, add a few more drops of lemon juice or water and mix 3 sec/speed 6.
- 10. Transfer icing into a piping bag and use to assemble and decorate house. We recommend assembling gingerbread house on a large serving plate or cake board. Decorate house as desired.
Visit The Mix Shop™ (thermomix.com.au/shop and thermomix.co.nz/shop) to buy the gingerbread moulds we used in this recipe.
This gingerbread house needs to be assembled within 12 hours of removing from the moulds as it may become soft. Humidity can also play a big part in the gingerbread softening. You may need to return your gingerbread to the oven and bake for a few minutes to dry it out.
To make coloured icing, distribute icing between several different bowls, then add a few drops of natural food colouring to each bowl.
You may need to make 2 batches of gingerbread depending on the size of your moulds.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Tuna Dip
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Banana oat pancake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Banana pudding cake
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream