- 190 grams Gluten Free Plain Flour Mix
- 1 level teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, Large
- 150 grams Soft brown sugar
- 1 level teaspoon brandy
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 level teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 125 grams walnut pieces
- 2 Medium Pears, Cored &amp;amp;amp; Chopped
- 50 grams raisins
- icing sugar, for dusting
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 20cm x 30cm shallow tin with parchment paper.
Insert butterfly. Add Eggs & Brown Sugar to bowl, and beat for 4 min/speed 3.5 until it goes lighter in colour. Remove butterfly. Add the Orange Rind and fold through for 5sec / speed 4
Add flour, spices, baking powder, brandy & vanilla to the bowl. Mix 20 sec / speed 1.
Add 100g walnuts, chopped pears & raisins to bowl. Mix in for 20 sec / / speed 1.
Spread the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle top with remaining 25g walnuts.
Bake for 25 - 30 min, until the slice springs back. Cool in tin. Slice and serve dusted with icing sugar.
Accessories you need
Also suitable for TM31.
Could substitute ordinary Plain Flour for Gluten Free Plain Flour mix for a non-Gluten Free version.
Converted from a Family Circle 'Simply Delicious Slices' recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti