- 200 g Dry Quinoa
- 100g cocoa, I used Blooker Brand
- 100 g Butter, Cubed
- 20 g coconut oil
- 100 g Rapadura Sugar, Or more to taste, cake is not sweet
- 5 g bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 200 g Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 g vanilla extract
Rinse quinoa really well. I use a nut milk bag in the steamer basket (see my facebook page for directions - facebook.com/goaheadmakemylunch)
Pour 800g water into jug.
Tip quinoa into basket and place in jug. Steam for 18 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 2-3.
Allow to cool. If any quinoa is left in the jug, tip it into the basket. You should have 500g of cooked quinoa.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place butter, sugar and coconut oil into jug. Melt for 3 minutes / 80 degrees / speed 2.
Add milk, vanilla and eggs and mix 5 seconds / speed 5.
Add all dry ingredients except quinoa and mix 20 seconds / speed 4.
Mixture should be quite runny.
Add quinoa and mix 5 seconds / / speed 3 until combined. If you don't want to have the textural element of quinoa, mix for 10 seconds / speed 5 to puree some of the grains.
Pour into a lined round cake form and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until centre no longer wobbles.
Allow to cool before icing with frosting of choice (I used a chcolate cream cheese icing).
Original recipe credit : //makingthymeforhealth.com/2013/12/04/best-ever-chocolate-quinoa-cake-gluten-free/
Use either colour of quinoa or a mixture of colours.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Decadent Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Blackberry Muffins
- All In One - Chicken, Mozzarella and Sundried Tomato Meatloaf with Creamy Sauce, and Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Choc Mint Peppermint Crisp Custard
- Raw Choc Mint Fudge
- Raspberry and Cinnamon Toast
- Not Bad For You Instant Chocolate Macadamia Ice Cream
- Not Bad For You Instant Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Little Bit Fancy Bangers and Mash
- Raspberry, White Chocolate and Macadamia Bread
- Gluten free hazelnut and vanilla macaron mini cakes
- Sticky Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cashew Caramel