- 185 g water
- 130 g sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, unpeeled, cored and diced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 25 g Dried apple
- 15 g candied orange
- 190 g Milk
- 50 g Butter
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 375 g bakers flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 30 g sugar
- .5 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 75 g sultanas
- 50 g flour
- 70 g water
- 1 tsp olive oil
2h 20minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Zest half lemon, peel only no white pith, and place zest to one side for the dough.
- Add water, sugar, juice of half thee lemon to bowl an heat for 5 minutes/100 temp/speed 2 or until sugar has dissolved.
- Cut remaining lemon half into 5mm thick slices and add to bowl with cubed apple and cinnamon quill. Reduce 20 minutes/100 temp/soft speed until appe and lemon are translucent.
- Strain fruit from sugar syrup reserving syrup and fuit separately.
When cool enough, dice lemon and return to apple.
clean and dry mixining bowl
- Make sure bowl is extremely dry by using turbo on 1 second and wipe with teatowl. (this flick all water from the blades)
Add zest of lemon and orange to bowl and grate 20 seconds/speed 7, scrape sides of bowl and repeat 20 seconds/speed 7.
Add to bowl with apple and lemon.
Place dried apple and candied orange into bowl and chop 2 seconds/speed 7, set aside with the rest of the fruit.
Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Add milk and butter to bowl and heat 2 minutes/37 temp/speed 1
- Add yeast and tsp sugar and mix 20 seconds/speed 1.
- add flour, cinnamon, all spice, sugar salt, egg, and combine 10 seconds/speed 6, then knead 4 minutes/dough mode.
- Add sultanas and fruit mix and combine for 10 seconds/reverse/speed 1 .
- Empty dough onto thermomix bread mat or floured surface, knead into a ball and wrap in mat or place in greased bowl and cover with kitchen towl.
- Prove dough in warm area until doubled in size, approximately 40 minutes
- Whilst dough is proving preheat oven to 220 degrees.
Once dough has doubled in size, knock back down and shape into a log, cut into half using spatula, then half again and so on until you have 12 equal pieces. (my picture show 20 mini hot cross buns, you can do this as well)
knead each piece into a smooth ball.
- Arrange dough balls on a baking tray with about 1 cm between each peice. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm area to prove until doubled in size again. approximately 30 minutes.
- Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Add Flour, water, oil to bowl and mix 15seconds/speed 6, scrap down sides and repead 15 seconds/speed 6
- spoon mixture into piping bag or a zip lock back and cut a small hole in the corner. Pipe a cross shape onto each bun.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 200 degreed and bake until golden or buns sound hollow when tapped, approx 8-10 minutes.
- Add sugar syrup to clean bowl, and reduce for 18-20 minutes/100 temp/speed2
- Buns should be ready now, brush thickly over hot buns then transfer to cooling rack.
Serve warm with Butter or Jam
Fruit sugar syrup glaze
I made 20 mini hot cross buns, for larger buns divide into 12 peices instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)