- 125 grams Butter, softened
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 160 grams golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 450 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoon Ginger (ground)
- 2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 2 egg whites
- 300 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (ground)
Recipe is created for
1. Pre-heat oven to a moderate heat (180degrees)
2. Cream butter and sugar for 30 seconds speed 4. Add golden syrup and mix well (5 seconds speed 4)
3. Add egg and vanilla essence and mix 10 seconds speed 5
4. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon. Set dial to and kneed on interval speed for 50 seconds or until dough just comes together.
5. Turn dough out between two sheets of baking paper and roll to 5mm thickness.
6. Cut out gingerbread shapes, remove excess dough and re-roll dough until all is used.
Baking times will vary - large biscuits may take up to 12 mins, smaller biscuits only 5. Cook until golden brown around the edges.
7. Royal Icing.
Insert the butterfly into the bowl and add the egg whites. whisk the eggwhites until light an frothy on speed 4 (approximately 1 minute). Add the icing sugar through the lid one spoon at a time and continue to mix on speed 4 with the butterfly until soft peaks form (approximately 2 mins). Add in the ginger and mix until combined.
Decorate biscuits once cooled. This icing will set hard.
Gingerbread dough preparation
Accessories you need
Although each batch of biscuits will only take aroud 5 - 10 mins to cook, you will need to do quite a few trays - so allow for a good 40 mins total rolling and baking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Jaffa Macarons
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- apple pie bliss balls
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Thai Curry with Cauliflower Rice and Veg
- Chocolate Scones
- Almond Date and Walnut Scrolls
- Chilli Non Carne
- Raw Snickers Bar
- Falafel & Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Better than Milo
- Chocolate Brownies with love
- Chicken Laksa
- Gordon Ramsay's Chocolate Fondant - Thermomix Style!
- Rocky Road Truffles