- 320 g plain flour, Can be subsituted for gluten free
- 80 g caster sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 90-100 g cream
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla essence, option
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Step 1. Combine all ingredients in bowl. Speed 4 for 5 seconds
Step 2. Scrape down sides. Then using the dough setting for 1:30 mins.
Step 3. Empty onto board/thermo mat etc and make into a disc. Wrap and refrigerate for 30mins. (can be frozen at this stage, if you make a large batch but don’t want to bake them all at the same time).
Step 4. Preheat oven 180°C.
Step 5. Cut in dough in half and roll out to desired thickness (I like about 3-5mm). Using flour on bench to stop it from sticking.
Step 6. Use cookie cutters to cut to shape and place on a lined tray, (these biscuits don't expand much so can be placed reasonably close together. Decorate with chocolate freckles, glazed cherries, blanched almonds or choc chips before baking. Or leave plain to ice later.
Repeat with second half (it becomes a bit unwieldy if you try rolling out the whole lot in one go).
Step 7. Bake for 8-12mins until just lightly golden (12 mins if you like crunchy versions). Be careful these can burn easily.
Step 8. Cool completely before icing.
These keep for ages in an airtight container (although my children demolish a batch in 2 days).
Accessories you need
Can also add colouring in the first step, or divide to make a number of colours (use gel colours and add a little plain flour) in step 3. Just be careful not to over knead the dough.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Banoffee Pie
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Wool Roll Bread
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Chocolate Easter Egg Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Sausages