THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 Large carrot
- 250 g packet frozen spinach, thawed & well-drained
- 40 g Butter, cubed
- 90 g dark chocolate chips
- 75-100 g brown sugar
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 120 g plain flour or wholemeal flour or a mixture
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease & line a square baking pan.
Cut carrot into thirds & place in TM bowl. Process 5 sec / sp 6. Scrape down & add spinach. Process a further 5 sec / sp 5.
Add butter & chocolate. Melt 2-3 min / 50 degrees / sp 2 or until melted (time will vary depending on whether choc & butter are at room temperature or from the fridge).
Add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla & eggs & combine 10 sec / sp 5.
Scrape down & add flours & salt. Combine 10 sec / sp 5.
Pour batter into the lined baking tin, sprinkle with 100s & 1000s if desired & bake aprox 30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before serving (if served warm, you can still taste the spinach - eww!). Dust with icing sugar if you omited the 100s & 1000s.
Healthy Chocolate Brownies
Personally, if I am going to eat a brownie, I'd rather have the real thing & work it off later at the gym!! However, these are a great 'treat' for popping in the kids' lunch boxes - the kids don't seem to notice they aren't quite 'naughty' enough & I feel like a good mum giving them something healthy for school!
Adapted to Thermomix method from a recipe in Jessica Seinfeld's 'Deceptively Delicious'.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Banana and Strawberry Muffins / Cupcakes / Loaf
- Gevulde speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit filled with almond paste)
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge