- 1 cup Cold Mashed Pumpkin
- 125 grams sultanas
- 125 grams raisins, stalks removed
- 125 grams mixed fruit peel
- 125 grams dried apricots
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unsweetened apple or orange juice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams WM SR flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
Recipe is created for
1. Chop dried apricots 10 secs Speed 10.
2. Scrape chopped fruit into a basin and add sultanas, raisins, mixed peel. Add orange juice and leave to soak overnight. (Optional step which results in a moister cake.)
3. If not soaking overnight; Scrape down bowl and add sultanas, raisins, mixed peel. Add orange juice and honey and cook 6 mins 100˚C Reverse Speed 1. At the end of cooking time, add bicarbonate of soda, remove bowl from Thermomix base and allow mixture to cool.
4. Lightly grease 20 cm round cake tin or line with foil/baking paper.
5. Set oven to 165˚C.
6. Return cooled mixture in bowl to Thermomix base and add cold pumpkin and combine, 4 secs Reverse speed 5.
7. Scrape down sides if needed and add eggs flour and spice. Mix 15 secs Reverse Speed 6.
8. Scrape mixture into prepared tin and bake for 1½ hours.
Accessories you need
Converted from recipe of similar name in 'Taste of Life' by Julie Stafford, Greenhouse Publications 1983.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Variation (Doubled) Healthy Apple Crumble
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Cashew Chia Breakie Cookies
- Raw Cacao & Almond Protein Balls
- Variation Muesli Balls
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Tomato Sauce