- 4 hot cross buns, (stale buns are great for this)
- 1/2 orange, rind only
- 70 g raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300 g cream
- 300 g Milk
- 30 g brandy
- Peel orange rind into TM bowl and mill 10 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add sugar to the bowl and mill a further 10 seconds speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add eggs, cream, milk and brandy to the bowl. Mix 10 seconds speed 5
- Meanwhile grease the base of a deep 20cm square glass baking dish with butter. Slice hot cross buns into ~2cm slices. I do this in the opposite plane/axis to the normal split of a toasted bun.
- Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture into the base of the baking dish. Place half the hot cross bun slices in a single layer in the base of the dish. Pour a further 1/3 of the mixture over the top of this then layer the remaining bun slices over the top and pour remaining cream over. Set aside for 30-60 minutes to soak.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Place the baking dish in a water bath and bake for 60 minutes.
(To create a water bath, place the baking dish inside a larger baking tray with deep sides, and pour boiling water to a depth halfway up the sides of the inner dish, then place the whole thing inside an oven at 160 degrees)
Great for using up stale hot cross buns
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life